Monday, January 26, 2009

Chapter Four: Collide

Omar's riveting, beautifully written, ultra-romantic, comment that was left on my myspace while I was at camp:

Jun 20, 2006 7:39 PM Hello friend!! I saw a kangaroo and thought of you....

Which I ignored completely. That Sunday, at Younglife leadership, I shared about my experience at camp.

My girls and I at camp, 2006

I was wearing an old church t-shirt, some gym shorts, and no makeup. According to Omar, which he explained to me later on, he had a “Maria” moment…where the whole world stops and everyone else becomes a blur and you “just know.” Apparently he had been praying for his future wife and had felt the desire to pursue a relationship with me, and then that day sealed the deal. Omar has a way with women, and has since he was a small child. He has dated many beautiful girls, and some would say he has more game than a Playstation.

So, clearly, when the God of the universe revealed his ultimate plan for Omar’s life, he followed it in a way that completely captured my heart:

So, uh, Allie, umm, did you get my myspace comment? You didn’t say anything back…

Ya, I’ve just been kinda busy, something about a kangaroo right? (and then I walked into the kitchen)

(following me) Ya, so, I really like your outfit tonight. You look really good.

(realizing that Ive probably never looked worse) Oh thanks…

(by this time im sitting on the counter in the kitchen of the YL house, and he has me cornered) So, do you still want to get married?

(walking away completely, wondering why Omar is giving me more attention than he has ever, ever, given me) Ya, sure, I’ll pencil you in.


and then I left, and that was that.


to be continued....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't leave the room...