Wednesday, November 19, 2008

baby-makin

How come every time I talk to someone I haven't talked to in a few weeks/months/days the first question they ask is:
Are you pregnant yet?
Even when I'm with people that I see everyday...

"I have a stomach ache"
"Are you pregnant?"

"I'm tired"
"Oh, you must be expecting!"

"My back hurts"
"Have you peed on a stick yet?"

One of the questions people asked us when we got engaged was, "Whens the baby due?" Which is interesting considering we hadn't made it past second base...
In fact, we've recently won a bet against some of our younglifers who said we would have a baby by April of this year...nine months from our wedding day.

It doesn't help the pressure when almost everyone I know is carrying a bun in the oven. Half of me wants a baby so bad I'd be willing to give up anything to have one, but, the other half- the winning half- knows were not ready emotionally, physically, or economically to bring another life into the mix...not yet anyway.

I absolutely love helping my preggo friends pick out baby room designs, and listening to them talk about the joyful moments of ultrasounds and morning sickness. I couldn't be more excited to see some of my closest friends enter this new stage in their lives.

And someday, on God's timing, Omar and I will get to experience all of that. I want nothing more out of this life than to bring little humans into the world, to love, to grow with, to anchor, and to set free to make an incredible impact in the world. I can't wait to be somebody's mama, and to see my husband hold our child for the first time.

The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the person who seeks Him.
- Lamentations 3:25

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Being someones "Vessel" has it's perks and suckiness! But like you said, when it's in Gods time, it will be perfect. I can't imagine us going through all of this last year! God is so good and his time is always perfect. I can't wait to see you guys be parents someday too! It will be so fun!

Sarah and Jesse said...

Allie- I know exactly how you feel, I get asked the same questions all the time and even more now because Jesse and I have been married for a year now and everyone is like what are waiting for. But it is funny you wrote this, because just a few days I was talking to Jesse and I told him I would love to be a mother now and have bring a child in this world but again at the same time I don't know if I am ready and I really want to have degree. Because heaven for bid something happen to Jesse I would have to be able to support that child. There is just so much that goes into it. And I also know that Heavenly Father has a bigger plan for me and even though I don't always understand it, I know when it is time he will let me know! But I understand extactly how you are feeling.. I hope all is well and see you in a few weeks!!!:)