Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Curly: The Musical


So, Once Upon A Time, my sweet husband (who didn't have long, luscious, curls) worked a 9-5 escrow job and made more money than he knew what to do with and hated it. One day, in a tunnel, I prayed that he would have a different job, one that he loved, and was incredible at, and felt like he was made to do. Several months after we got married, he was laid off.
He was bummed, and I (secretly) rejoiced.
Fast forward (almost) two years. Our living room has been transformed into a music studio. I have seen him perform in several cities, and go from being a beginner pianist to...well, a not at all beginner pianist. The sounds this guy can produce make my toes tingle. He is a very secretive and private kind of guy, so the entire universe has no idea what will hit them when the world becomes his audience.
You'llll seeee.
AND, the very best part is that he has found a career with purpose and meaning, and he is doing exactly what he was made to do.
Hooray!
And the very, very, best part is that when you are a workfromhome musician, you get to have yummy curly hair that gets stuck in my eyelashes when you kiss me.
And we lived happily ever after.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Too adorable Allie! x

autumn said...

That is just about the sweetest picture ever. So, so lovely.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Beautiful post and stunning picture. I just love it!