Friday, February 6, 2009

Chapter Fifteen: Pre-wedding wedding and wedding weekend

Since we were about to spontaneously combust from anticipation, we got married in Vegas before we got married in San Diego.Just kidding. But, our wedding rehearsal, two days before our actual wedding, did act as our "legal wedding," because I just HAD to have my two favorite pastors perform our wedding ceremony and they are only licensed in Nevada, so ...
We had our rehearsal dinner at our favorite restaurant with our favorite people and ate the MOST delicious wedding cake made by our favorite baker, Cybelle. (please note the bride and groom topper and the beautiful orange polka-dots. not bad for a 5 year old.)
(the next Betty Crocker, who I'm confident will someday run her own multi-million dollar bakery)

The morning after our wedding rehearsal, we headed to sunny San Diego with our wonderful wedding party. We had some insane altercations amongst several of our family members, involving a kidnapping, police, abandonment, and lots and lots of yelling and crying. I try not to dwell on that, but it definitely heightened emotions, to say the least. Fortunately, the girls who have stood by me for many, many years were still standing. Without Whitney and Jessica, I may have gotten on the next flight to an island off the coast of anywhere, where I would have spent the rest of my days playing Nintendo DS. Thank God for those two girls, because I suck at Super Mario World.

We spent time on the beach.
We spent time with each other. And we spent time away from each other, trying to squeeze in our last few moments of quality single time with our BFFs.



I got a little reminiscent of Proverbs 31. You know, where it says that a wife of noble character leaps across gaping spaces to take cute pictures with her bridesmaids. I was feeling dangerous. Dont judge me.

The next day was our wedding. And chaos was about to ensue.

to be continued...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Argh! I just want to see the wedding photos now =] xxx.

Chelsea said...

I loved your wedding. I was so glad I got to be there!!! You looked gorgeous and the day was perfect!